May 29, 2024, 04:30:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #1 6/5/10 - 6/30/10  (Read 572739 times)
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #240 on: June 12, 2010, 03:43:25 PM »

Sheriff's Office: No more donations, please

Last Update: 10:54 am

PORTLAND, Ore. – The outpouring of support from the community has been so generous, the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office has asked the public to stop giving donations of food and supplies for the search and rescue workers attempting to find Kyron Horman.

Lt. Mary Lindstrand released a statement saying, “due to the sheer volume of supplies received at this point we ask the public to hold back further donations at this time.”

At Friday’s press briefing, Captain Monte Reiser said the public can still donate in other ways.

“We have established a way for the community to make cash donations to support this search effort,” he said. “Donations to the fund may be made at any Bank of America branch under the name "Kyron Horman Fund."  This fund has been officially established by the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office, and is the only fund sponsored by the Sheriff's Office.”

According to investigators, Kyron’s step-mom took the second grader to Skyline Elementary School in the morning before classes started. Kyron and his step-mom viewed the science fair at the school for about an hour until 8:45 when Kyron went to class and his step-mom left to do chores for the day.

His step-mom waited for Kyron to get off the school bus at 3:45. When Kyron did not get off the bus, the step-mom asked the bus driver where the 7-year-old boy was. When the bus driver told her Kyron was never on the bus, she called Skyline Elementary. The step-mom was told Kyron was marked absent for the day.

At 3:56, 911 was called by Skyline Elementary School secretary Susan Hall. Portland Police and Multnomah Sheriff units arrived at Skyline and Kyron’s home at 4:33.

The FBI was notified of the missing child between 8:30 and 8:50.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/news/topstories/story/Sheriffs-Office-No-more-donations-please/Dz4uMChK60KCWjy3W5FG4Q.cspx

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #241 on: June 12, 2010, 03:48:27 PM »

Deenie, the Tori Stafford case is another case of children going with someone who they know (therefore no stranger)... they feel they can be trusted.

It is just too sad, and a disgrace, the huge epidemic of adult males hurting small innocent children.

I hope I get no heat for saying this, because there have been cases in which women have done the same, but statistically the large majority of these crimes are committed by males.

Anyway, I found a link to the sheriff's updates, which I think could be helpful:

http://www.flashalert.net/news.html?id=1276

Bumping, snipped from link:

Day 9 Afternoon Briefing for the seach Kyron Hormon - 06/12/10
The briefing has been moved from 1200 noon to 2pm. This is being done to provide you with more a detailed briefing.

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #242 on: June 12, 2010, 04:20:31 PM »

Tracy, about the picture...

After the dream, I spent two hours early this morning, contemplating whether I should write about it here or not, since I don't know if there is a "dream or vision" thread here, or if someone reading may think I'm "kooky" in the head.

So, I went to read in another BB and someone posted pictures (the crankykrank person Wink who hangs around here, too.)

When I first saw the picture I didn't think anything of it, then after I loaded the next I had to go back and look... I though, "wait a minute, that water looks a lot like mine looked in the dream."

It's MOST probably nothing, but I guess I was destined to find and check that picture today.

About a detective being with the family... does anyone know if it's a detective, or a grief-counselor-type person?

What I noticed during the press conference, when the families were talking... the step-father talked first, then when it was the father's turn a policeman/detective moved behind them to the right (can be seen on cam.) He then was staring and observing closely the step-mother and father.

Maybe this guy just happened to walk in and positioned himself as he should, or for some reason he did.

Protecting the family from a threat could cause that move, I would think.

About the donations, it's impressive the response from the community!!! I bet that if LE had allowed searches, hundreds of people would've volunteered as well.

p.s.
I gotta try this option.
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #243 on: June 12, 2010, 04:21:43 PM »

In case this hasn't been seen yet (photo of hallway/stairs/Kyron's class):

http://photos.oregonlive.com/oregonian/2010/06/kyron_horman_search_attracts_1_3.html

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #244 on: June 12, 2010, 04:23:38 PM »

http://photos.oregonlive.com/oregonian/2010/06/kyron_horman_search_attracts_1_3.html

Caption for photo at above link:

(snipped):
Janitor Bill Tandy walks past Kyron Horman's classroom at Skyline Elementary School in the early hours of June 7, 2010. Andrew Burton / The Oregonian

Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #245 on: June 12, 2010, 04:53:43 PM »

Cartfly, about that hallway...

I bet there are times during the school day in which one could walk within a few hallways and not see a soul, mainly during class hours.

But I'm thinking that the day he disappeared was a crowded day. I bet nobody (including the teachers) could've walked around the school that day, between 8:00am and 8:45am, and not be seen by someone else.

I would guess that a perpetrator would not risk being seen while trying to abduct a student.

My opinion only.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #246 on: June 12, 2010, 04:56:01 PM »

Thanks for the pic. so his classroom is up a few stairs. It seems from looking at the pic that is not a door but a window or is that an illusion? It says exit but it seems to not go down to the floor, does that make sense? So I wonder how many other classrooms are on that floor. If the teacher was correct and Kyron went to the bathroom and hadn't returned yet, but then they left only for Kyron to find his self alone in that area.

That janitor looks to be about a 105 years old, lol. not that age is a consideration but when I thought of janitor I was thinking of a younger, stronger person.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #247 on: June 12, 2010, 05:02:08 PM »

Tracy, about the picture...

After the dream, I spent two hours early this morning, contemplating whether I should write about it here or not, since I don't know if there is a "dream or vision" thread here, or if someone reading may think I'm "kooky" in the head.

So, I went to read in another BB and someone posted pictures (the crankykrank person Wink who hangs around here, too.)

When I first saw the picture I didn't think anything of it, then after I loaded the next I had to go back and look... I though, "wait a minute, that water looks a lot like mine looked in the dream."

It's MOST probably nothing, but I guess I was destined to find and check that picture today.

About a detective being with the family... does anyone know if it's a detective, or a grief-counselor-type person?

What I noticed during the press conference, when the families were talking... the step-father talked first, then when it was the father's turn a policeman/detective moved behind them to the right (can be seen on cam.) He then was staring and observing closely the step-mother and father.

Maybe this guy just happened to walk in and positioned himself as he should, or for some reason he did.

Protecting the family from a threat could cause that move, I would think.

About the donations, it's impressive the response from the community!!! I bet that if LE had allowed searches, hundreds of people would've volunteered as well.

p.s.
I gotta try this option.

I think the power of dreams is something that has not been discovered yet. Every once in awhile I will have a dream that I come to find out later had some relevance. You just never know. I am curious to know where and when that pic was taken.

In the baby Gabriel's case I had a dream not that long after he went missing. I wrote about it actually. I was standing in a room and I look down and I find the baby crawling at my feet. I picked him up and handed him back off to his dad. To this day, I am not sure what that was all about but it seemed so real.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #248 on: June 12, 2010, 05:03:20 PM »

Deenie, I read your post and wanted to respond to you with a great big hug ((((((((hug)))))))) you are a sweet person who will someday find great rewards for your kindness. Bless you
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #249 on: June 12, 2010, 05:41:19 PM »

Apparently the news conference is done. I'm plagiarizing this from another board.

Mods: delete if inappropriate.

Cap'n Shultz: Yesterday we had the family up here, they gave statements thanking the community. That was very, very stressful for the family. Very difficult.
But, we asked for a few simple questions (note: email acct was closed at 11am local today).. we did get a number of questions, five came up over and over again.
Yet another added stress for the family, but I told them it would be good for them.

What is Kyron's favorite color?
Red, as it turns out.

What is Kyron like? What is his standout attribute.
Very quiet & loving. Warmth & enthusiasm.
Bootsie is the 'security' cat (pet). Kyron likes playing with the cat.
Ernie is their canine (dog to the rest of us, lol)
Quick witted & makes any situation funny. Looks up to his big brothers.

What does Kyron want to be when he grows up?
A police investigator/detective.

What was Kyron looking
Kyron IS looking forward to his annual trip (Shasta Lake), Seaside OR
new fishing pole.. camping & fishing trips

The tshirts family wore yesterday.
Collaboration with Lithia (Medford car dealer) and.. XX?

Was Kyron in a good mood the AM he disappeared.
He was very excited about his diorama that he & his DAD have been working on. Kyron did a lot of it himself.

Shultz has 2 more questions to answer.

Why is the family not helping out in the search.
Family did take some steps, plus called the police. Family became exhausted by that evening. Had done everything *they* could do.. needed LE resources.
LE needs them to be close and available to help professional searchers.
Preparing family for a long-term event.

(again with the 'our boy' from Shultz) :blink:

2nd Q: Why was the family seen getting out of the house running errands, going to gym etc.
The public doesn't have all the information & context.
We asked them to keep that balance in their lives. Family says we can't maintain 'normal' activity because 'normal' includes Kyron!

Family has been bringing a regular rotation of friends to the house to help them.

I don't know when the family is going to be able to come back up here (to answer Qs). It's a day by day thing now.
They do thank you for assisting them.. keep the focus on Kyron.

Turning back to Cap'n Riser.
We don't want to disclose specific search area because we are having a LOT of interference. Distracts searchers. We are trying to keep the media away.

Did parents speaking affect # of tips?
Tips at this point are very manageable. The increase in tips has not been overwhelming.

Have you heard from anyone today, who's been out & about?
I haven't checked tip desk lately.

Won't talk about details of search.
(SAR Olsen speaking)
Over 300 boots on ground/SAR today. Trying to keep team at a manageable size. All areas are flooded right now.

Some areas require 3 different types of search.. dogs, feet, feet again

Over the years, cougar, bear, coyote have been reported in the area. (NOT recently)

Overwhelmed with generosity of donations food/water (my paraphrase)

Keep your eyes & ears open.

How long can you keep up the current pace?
I don't know. We are going to go full steam ahead until we feel we can't anymore.

Do you feel like every day you are making headway?
Absolutely! Because we know every day where he is not and feel we are getting closer to where he IS.

No idea (as searchers) where he is. We have to look at all possibilities.
Actively looking for Kyron alive.

Is the case moving in the direction of a criminal case?
Olsen: not for me.
other guy: it's *an* investigation.

Reports of river dredging?
Whenever you do any search...blah blah.

End.
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #250 on: June 12, 2010, 06:09:38 PM »

Thanks for the pic. so his classroom is up a few stairs. It seems from looking at the pic that is not a door but a window or is that an illusion? It says exit but it seems to not go down to the floor, does that make sense? So I wonder how many other classrooms are on that floor. If the teacher was correct and Kyron went to the bathroom and hadn't returned yet, but then they left only for Kyron to find his self alone in that area.

That janitor looks to be about a 105 years old, lol. not that age is a consideration but when I thought of janitor I was thinking of a younger, stronger person.
It looks like a window to me also with the stairs curving down (not visable). I guess the exit sign signifies that the exit is this way. It looks like going down to that window area is only about 4 steps and then you walk on to that landing area and turn to go down to another 4 steps. I wonder if a fire escape would we something you would have right outside that window? I thought I read there were only 14 classes total for K-8. I also saw on the school website that they offer a before school early drop off care and after school care late pickup till 6:00 pm. I think there was a fee for that. That would bring more "outsiders" working at the school. I will see if I can find it and post.

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #251 on: June 12, 2010, 06:13:03 PM »

Apparently the news conference is done. I'm plagiarizing this from another board.

Mods: delete if inappropriate.

Cap'n Shultz: Yesterday we had the family up here, they gave statements thanking the community. That was very, very stressful for the family. Very difficult.
But, we asked for a few simple questions (note: email acct was closed at 11am local today).. we did get a number of questions, five came up over and over again.
Yet another added stress for the family, but I told them it would be good for them.

What is Kyron's favorite color?
Red, as it turns out.

What is Kyron like? What is his standout attribute.
Very quiet & loving. Warmth & enthusiasm.
Bootsie is the 'security' cat (pet). Kyron likes playing with the cat.
Ernie is their canine (dog to the rest of us, lol)
Quick witted & makes any situation funny. Looks up to his big brothers.

What does Kyron want to be when he grows up?
A police investigator/detective.

What was Kyron looking
Kyron IS looking forward to his annual trip (Shasta Lake), Seaside OR
new fishing pole.. camping & fishing trips

The tshirts family wore yesterday.
Collaboration with Lithia (Medford car dealer) and.. XX?

Was Kyron in a good mood the AM he disappeared.
He was very excited about his diorama that he & his DAD have been working on. Kyron did a lot of it himself.

Shultz has 2 more questions to answer.

Why is the family not helping out in the search.
Family did take some steps, plus called the police. Family became exhausted by that evening. Had done everything *they* could do.. needed LE resources.
LE needs them to be close and available to help professional searchers.
Preparing family for a long-term event.

(again with the 'our boy' from Shultz) :blink:

2nd Q: Why was the family seen getting out of the house running errands, going to gym etc.
The public doesn't have all the information & context.
We asked them to keep that balance in their lives. Family says we can't maintain 'normal' activity because 'normal' includes Kyron!

Family has been bringing a regular rotation of friends to the house to help them.

I don't know when the family is going to be able to come back up here (to answer Qs). It's a day by day thing now.
They do thank you for assisting them.. keep the focus on Kyron.

Turning back to Cap'n Riser.
We don't want to disclose specific search area because we are having a LOT of interference. Distracts searchers. We are trying to keep the media away.

Did parents speaking affect # of tips?
Tips at this point are very manageable. The increase in tips has not been overwhelming.

Have you heard from anyone today, who's been out & about?
I haven't checked tip desk lately.

Won't talk about details of search.
(SAR Olsen speaking)
Over 300 boots on ground/SAR today. Trying to keep team at a manageable size. All areas are flooded right now.

Some areas require 3 different types of search.. dogs, feet, feet again

Over the years, cougar, bear, coyote have been reported in the area. (NOT recently)

Overwhelmed with generosity of donations food/water (my paraphrase)

Keep your eyes & ears open.

How long can you keep up the current pace?
I don't know. We are going to go full steam ahead until we feel we can't anymore.

Do you feel like every day you are making headway?
Absolutely! Because we know every day where he is not and feel we are getting closer to where he IS.

No idea (as searchers) where he is. We have to look at all possibilities.
Actively looking for Kyron alive.

Is the case moving in the direction of a criminal case?
Olsen: not for me.
other guy: it's *an* investigation.

Reports of river dredging?
Whenever you do any search...blah blah.

End.

Sounds like they are no closer than day one to me and they are checking out all tips so they can say they didn't rule anything out or dismissed anything. I think they are as clueless as we are......

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #252 on: June 12, 2010, 06:19:05 PM »

Cartfly, about that hallway...

I bet there are times during the school day in which one could walk within a few hallways and not see a soul, mainly during class hours.

But I'm thinking that the day he disappeared was a crowded day. I bet nobody (including the teachers) could've walked around the school that day, between 8:00am and 8:45am, and not be seen by someone else.

I would guess that a perpetrator would not risk being seen while trying to abduct a student.

My opinion only.
I completely agree with all of your thoughts. I am thinking everyone was excited about the days activities and school closing soon that they were a little more laid back. I see that in my sons school with the teachers when holiday breaks are approaching or during the approach of summer break. The teachers are anxious as the kids for their summer break. And homework is scaled down, maybe not as many test as normal. I hope this makes sense.

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #253 on: June 12, 2010, 06:29:30 PM »

snipped from http://www.pps.k12.or.us/schools-c/profiles/?id=186

Skyline
11536 NW Skyline Blvd.
Portland, OR 97231

View a map of the surrounding area

Phone: 503-916-5212
Fax: 503-916-2765
E-mail: bkeefer@pps.k12.or.us

School-created web pages: http://www.pps.k12.or.us/schools/skyline

Grade levels: K-8
Principal: Ben Keefer

Student Enrollment: 294

About:
Skyline School, located in the hills overlooking northwest Portland, is a small school with a great community feel. The small-school atmosphere fosters students� social, emotional, physical and intellectual growth to help them develop positive attitudes, self-esteem and lifelong learning skills. Skyline is composed of a community of learners committed to academic excellence within a joyful, stimulating learning environment where cooperation and teamwork are essential. All Skyline students are helped to feel welcome, develop and maintain a lifetime love of learning and fulfill their promise as competent citizens and caring people. A strong focus on literacy and mathematics is integrated with science, social studies and the arts. Students are given specialized instruction in music (vocal and instrumental), as well as physical education and Spanish. Each student�s experience is enhanced by interactions with resident artists, community speakers and parent volunteers. The high achievement of Skyline students is a reflection of a powerful and effective partnership between students, teachers, families and the community. Skyline students may opt to stay at Skyline for 6th�8th grade with 8th grade being added last year. Our 6th�8th grade students are provided with a rich program using the curricula of all PPS middle schools, enhanced by the instructional practices that are the heart of Skyline students� success.

Kindergarten: We offer a half-day and full-day fee-for-service kindergarten program.

Kindergarten Round-up: February 10, 12:30-1:30 p.m.

Childcare: Before and afterschool care provided on site for a fee.

Focus options: Skyline is currently a candidate school for the IB PYP and MYP Programmes.

Information Sessions: Contact the office. Information sessions are held one-on-one with parents as needed. Feb. 10th- Kindergarten Round Up Jan. 21st- 6th-8th Grade Open House

Before and after school programs

* Community recreational league soccer and baseball, Girl and Boy Scouts and an assortment of after school art, chess club and other parent/volunteer-run activities occur on a regular basis.
    * We have a before and after school care program that provides parents with the option of dropping students off as early as 7:00 AM and picking them up as late as 6:00 PM. This is a fee-for-service program that is well established and utilized by many Skyline families.

Community partnerships

* We are working with several local colleges to provide practicum and student teachers with opportunities to make a difference with our students.

Student learning environment

* School, community and families form a partnership to build success for each individual child as they become competent and caring world citizens.
    * Teachers use teaching practices appropriate for each
      child's stage of development, challenging students to
      succeed and progress at their individual pace.
    * Programs target educational goals for the 21st century, including multi-age groupings, cooperative learning, multicultural education and cross-grade partnerships.

Curriculum components

* A variety of teaching methods help for students with a range of learning styles to succeed.
    * Active student participation in self-directed learning.
    * Multi-age classrooms facilitate developmentally appropriate instruction.
    * Thematic teaching using integrated curriculum helps provide connections for the student between their studies and the \"real world.\"

Staff

* Ongoing staff development emphasizes integrating new, innovative curriculum to enhance and improve excellence in instructional program.
    * 9 classroom teachers, educational resource teacher, PE specialist, music specialist, foreign language instruction provided by a Spanish enthusiast and library assistant.

Parent and family support

* Family involvement helps students succeed and is strongly encouraged.
    * Families offer support on the PTA, Local School Advisory Committee (LSAC) and Skyline's School Improvement Council.
    * Family members coordinate a variety of school activities such as carnival, auction and corn fest. They also assist with health screenings, volunteer in classrooms and the library, help us to offer a variety of after school clubs and assist with general school needs.

Special programs and features

* Our staff of dedicated professionals use the rural setting of our school and community surroundings to extend children's learning experiences beyond the four walls of the classroom.
    * Students with special needs are included in regular classrooms with support from our resource teacher.
    * Active family and community involvement coordinates and implements activities to enrich and extend the curriculum.

Statistics and test scores

Report cards and AYP Scores
    Oregon Department of Education school report cards
    School Enrollment and Program Data
    Assessment Test Results

Course syllabus

* 2009-10 course syllabus

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #254 on: June 12, 2010, 06:40:06 PM »

Not sure if this had been posted or not:

Support helps Skyline carry on
6/11/2010 12:00:00 AM

Skyline safe room
Counselor Ariana Altieri works with students including third-grader Audrey McDonald in the safe room at Skyline K-8 School.
Across Portland Public Schools, employees, families and community members are wrapping their arms around Skyline K-8 School.
“Everybody wants to do something" in the aftermath of second-grader Kyron Horman's disappearance Friday, June 4, says Skyline Principal Ben Keefer. "There’s just a whole lot of support.”

West-side schools, led by Forest Park Elementary School Principal Kevin Crotchett, mobilized Monday with lunch delivered daily to the Skyline staff.

More than 15 counselors from across the district immediately stepped up to staff a PPS counseling hotline and to be in the safe room at Skyline to support those in need, including Korinna Wolfe, who manages the school district’s teen parents services program.
“It’s hard for students to sit in class while this is on their mind,” Wolfe says. “What’s wonderful is how they support each other. If a student is struggling to describe a feeling, another steps in to give it voice.”

Just outside the school, a row of television news trucks point their satellites skyward. A police officer is stationed prominently inside the school’s entrance, and fluorescent signs point toward the safe room. But the hustle-and-bustle of a working K-8 school is clearly felt.

Susan Hall, who's served as the school's secretary for 15 years, notes the unspoken support among staff and families: “They give each other a look that says, ‘We don’t have to talk, we understand each other.’ There’s been a lot of hand-holding and pats on the back.”

Staff move quickly

As the investigation launched, custodians Selim Masic from Lewis Elementary School (previously at Skyline) and Skyline custodian Bill Tandy worked 12-hour shifts to cover the school's operational needs.

Central departments also jumped in starting the evening of June 4 as staff members returned to work to provide information and support to authorities searching for Kyron.

On Sunday, June 6, the deputy superintendents and Nick Jwayad, chief information officer, began pulling together Information Technology, System Planning & Performance, and Human Resources managers and staff to get an autodialer system up and running for all schools to report unexcused absences to families in a timely manner. The team implemented the autodialer for all schools by Tuesday afternoon.
IT’s efforts included the work of Stacey Partin and the eSIS support team members, who personally offered training and guidance to every school that was not using the autodialer to ease the transition to a new system so late in the school year.

Meanwhile, Matt Shelby, public information officer, worked through the weekend and throughout the week fielding calls and handling interviews with an increasingly wider circle of media outlets including CNN, the "Today Show," "Good Morning America" and MSNBC.

Community members turn out in force

“People across the city are asking what they can do to help,” says Hall, the school secretary. “Portland has rallied around us.”

Among the helpers are individuals from nearby Brooks Hill Historic Church, who provided space for media to set up at the request of rescue authorities, and Sweet Tomatoes restaurant owners, who donated food to staff.

Nike volunteers will participate in the Skyline field day on Monday, June 14. On Tuesday, the last day of school, organizations and individuals are teaming up with Keefer and his staff to put on a special student assembly at Skyline. They are:

* Portland Trail Blazers
    * Martell Webster Foundation
    * Portland Timbers
    * K-103 Radio (Clear Channel)
    * Nike
    * Starbucks
    * Papa Murphy’s Pizza
    * WalMart
    * Musician Michael Allen Harrison and the Snowman Foundation

“I am proud of how PPS employees and our community partners mobilize in a crisis," says Superintendent Carole Smith. "Now it is our fervent hope for Kyron’s safe return.”
http://www.pps.k12.or.us/news/3919.htm

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #255 on: June 12, 2010, 06:44:07 PM »

http://www.greatschools.org/school/parentReviews.page?id=927&state=OR&sortBy=dd&pager.offset=0

Great schools offers some independent insight on the school. There are also parent reviews listed. One in particular I found ironic....

We love Skyline.There are many e/c activities to choose from: soccer, basketball, baseball, music, Science, Scouts, Outdoor Club, etc.The teachers, staff, and parents are all extremely dedicated to the education/well being of our kids. When you look around at Skyline, the kids are happy and accepting of eachother. The teachers know everyone's names, and your child doesn't get lost in the crowd like at a larger school. We chose to live here because Skyline is our neighborhood school.
Submitted by a parent
Write your own review

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #256 on: June 12, 2010, 07:35:45 PM »

a few stats from great schools.

students per teacher 17:1
Not particularly a diverse school 82% of the students are white. (not that it means anything.)

So the teacher had 17 students in her class yet she was so out of sorts with it being hectic she misplaced one? I don't mean to sound as though I am not appreciative of teachers, they work hard but their main responsibilities are the children. It seems completely unacceptable to me, that he was marked absent that day. She had 17 students! my sons school the ratio is 34:1 yet she kept track of them all. These are 2nd graders, not 7th graders. That day, or so it seems she relied on assumptions. If you think about it, she left him behind if she believed he was in the bathroom. Sorry I just don't see that day being that hectic.

See the thing is and this is what gets me, Kyron had been there since 8:00 AM, 45 min walking around with this step mom, looking at the exhibits, as well as his own. He didn't just arrive at the school, he had been there. The step mom  knows the staff, it was said she sometimes subbed there which leads me to believe she knew some of the students as well. Given the teacher said, well maybe he was in the bathroom or left for an appointment leads me to my assumptions she probably had seen him too. So I think given this child is missing it is fair to ask the question, was the teacher just being negligent of her responsibility or was she stalling the search efforts? In my opinion, if a person takes a child out of the school environment they take a huge risk that in about 5 min after they take said child a huge search would take place. So it seems to do such a brazen thing, they would need to have some kind of control over the situation. With the teacher seeming to be non shallant about the his not being in class that morning, it makes me wonder thats all. 

Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #257 on: June 12, 2010, 07:42:21 PM »

The sheriff has updated their webpage.

I CANNOT see the parents questions thing or the request for video from June 3 and June 4 from the businesses.

Can someone work with this?

http://www.flashalert.net/news.html?id=1276

http://www.flashalertnewswire.net/images/news/2010-06/1276/36006/Horman_Family_Statements_June_12.doc

http://www.flashalertnewswire.net/images/news/2010-06/1276/36006/Request_for_Video_Footage.doc

Both are .doc and won't open in my puter.

Sad
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #258 on: June 12, 2010, 07:45:18 PM »

Is this what you wanted?

News Releases
Day 9 MCSO 1400 Brieifng Regarding the Continuing Search for Kyron Horman - 06/12/10
June 12, 2010
1400 Briefing
Capt. Monte Reiser

Good Afternoon. I'm Capt Monte Reiser of the Multnomah County Sheriffs Office, Incident Commander for this operational period in the continuing search for Kyron Horman.

During yesterday's briefing there was a question about community involvement. We again want to urge you to familiarize yourselves with pictures and information regarding Kyron, available both on our website at www.mcso.us, and at our media site at www.flashalert.net/news.html?id=1276 With the change in weather, and Rose Festival activities in full swing, more people out and about today with knowledge of Kyron's image and clothing will create an even greater search opportunity. Also, we had a question yesterday regarding our tip line and an issue with busy signals, and I want to reiterate our tip line is up and running, please be familiar with the tip line along with the images of Kyron. We urge you to program the tip line number, 503-261-2847 into your phones for immediate contact with us in the event you see or find anything that may lead us closer us to finding Kyron.

The search continues today with teams out in the field acting on information received to date, and expanding into previously unsearched areas, with nearly 300 searchers in the field. This is the natural progression of search operations of this nature. The searchers continue to be energetic, and will continue until we've done what we feel needs to be done.

We want to thank the community here and across the country for their tremendous support of this operation to date. Our drop off sites have received an overwhelming amount of supplies for our search effort, so much in fact that we need to ask the public to hold off making any further donations for now, until such time as we have a need for further donations. We will notify you as soon as the need arises, and we again can't thank you enough for your support.
We also wanted to clarify that cash donations toward supporting the continuing search efforts are still being accepted through Bank of America, under the "Kyron Horman Fund." These donations are to help pay for the costs of search and rescue operations only.

Statements from the Horman Family in response to questions submitted by the media are attached to this briefing update.

A request for recorded video footage of roads in the vicinity of Skyline Elementary School is also attached. This request is to seek additional video to add to that already collected.
Attached Media Files: Horman Family Statements June 12 , Request for Video Footage June 12
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #259 on: June 12, 2010, 07:50:25 PM »

I can't get the other 2 to open. My guess is their server is bogged down. i will try later if no one has had luck by then
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.