May 29, 2024, 03:57:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #1 6/5/10 - 6/30/10  (Read 572717 times)
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #340 on: June 14, 2010, 12:10:30 PM »

I'm I the only one TOTALLY disturbed by that statement??  In a school of that size (the exact size of the one in our town, so I do have some perspective) this happens all the time?  What the heck??  Our kids are required to have a note from a parent and signed by the principal to leave school any way except their normal way...and the bus drivers know when a child gets on that isn't normally on the bus....I realize this doesn't have anything really to do with Kyron's disappearance, I just think it's a totally ludicrous statement, and shows this schools total lack of vigilance for its students!!!  *getting off my soapbox now!*

Very good point, pamomma!  And a good catch too.  I read that statement, yet it didn't sink in as to what it meant.  So thank you for pointing this out.  Smile  It may not have anything to do with Kyron's gone missing, and yet IMO too, it's another example of the leniency from the school.  What it's beginning to look like to me, is that the school, for many reasons, were too trusting of the world, nestled back there feeling all safe and everything.  Kind of like how many who live in rural areas relax, let down their guard, they know each other, no one comes around.  To them.. it's as tho.. evil does not exist.  Easy to slip into that mindset.  But for a school, responsible for care and safety of so many children, this mindset is, IMO, inexuseable!!  (sp?)  We've seen the seeming mad scramble after Kyron went missing, to implement safety programs at the school.  Well.. yeah.. glad they did that for the future.  Doesn't help Kyron one dang bit NOW tho.  Their newly organized safety programs do need to extend to the busses as well.  For all the reasons you stated above, and the fact that the school is responsible for each child from the moment s/he enters school property until the child is either returned to their parent/caregiver or steps off the bus into the care of their parent/caregiver.  Betcha there is a LOT of new safety programs in place for this school district now or very soon. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #341 on: June 14, 2010, 12:13:34 PM »

I feel so deflated this evening that this is going to end like the countless others on this board. I pray to God this story will have a happy ending.

I don't know what else to do, so at times like this I will do what I always do and just pray. I believe so strongly in the power of prayer. Regardless of your religious faith, please tonight, ask for Gods (or whom ever your pray to) grace on this child and to bring him home safe and sound.

Please God grant this mircle I ask of you tonight. Please bring Kyron home to the waiting arms of his family. God they love him so much and need him home. We are all so worried for this child. Please God wrap your loving light around Kyron and his family, protect them from harm and comfort their hearts. Please God I beg of you to hear my prayer. In your loving and graceful name I pray, Amen

Amen.  And so be it. 

Thank you TG, very well said, and I agree.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #342 on: June 14, 2010, 12:46:11 PM »

I have to believe that there is humanity within all of us. I have never found the Step-Mom on my Hinkey meter. I think its too easy to poke at her and create her to be the scape goat. 

I think that someone was watching Kyron and or his family - or had special interest of some sort ..that they took Kyron for ???
People are victims for reasons. Reasons that most of us will never understand. People who are sick in the head - latch on to " unknown individuals or even known people and stalk their patterns of day to day doings".. so then we find ourselves here. With Kyron missing. Someone knew his patterns of life, his family. Someone that was paying very close attention ..for reason of ??

I do not believe that this was random. I do think that this was planned and the science fair / talent show was the " IN" for whoever was watching Kyron's family and or him as a child.

Its just so disturbing. All of it. 

Wyks .. I hope you do not mind, but I wrote down your email addy. I am going to send you nanners soon.

I have a feeling though that LE/FBI know something and not willing to say. That it will cause mass hysteria within the parents of Kyron's community.  jmo.

Well said, Deenie! 

I am one of those who was focused on the stepmom for a bit.  I'll continue to look at the first most suspicious one (to me) and work down the list with theories.  That list dwindles as we get further info/facts.  Even when/if LE 'says' someone is not a suspect/POI etc, because LE is known everywhere for saying such, when in fact, it's just a smoke ring for a variety of reasons. 

I do try to keep an open mind tho, and look at each possibility there may be.  I also thought it a possibility that Kyron could have walked away from school into the woods, perhaps to find an actual red-eyed tree frog, in the woods, which he could then temporarily place with his project in a jar... But got himself lost or worse, before he could return.  He's a kid with an interest in and focus on, red-eyed tree frogs, that could happen.  Yet as time went on, and no sign of him, plus the distance from the school to those woods, that theory got crossed off my list as well. 

I feel too that this could have been very well planned out ahead of time, by someone.  If someone grabbed him at school, seems that they had to have known ahead of time what they intended to do, got prepared for that, then waited for their opportunity.  Could have been that they didn't have a particular child in mind, yet maybe they did.  For the way things worked out so well, not so sure the person would know about that ahead of time.  (such as the stepmom allowing kyron to walk to his classroom alone).  Am thinking that may have worked conveniently into the person's plan, this became the needed opportunity.  If this is what happened, the child *could have* been... any child at the school that day.  Who had the misfortune to have been the one who walked past this person who was waiting.... 

Am thinking that perhaps there was an empty classroom or other type room, storage area, etc. enroute to Kyron's class or nearby.  Perhaps Kyron made it back to his classroom, found it empty, and went in search of his classmates.  Passing the area of the waiting perp.  At that point, all it would take is for the perp to have whisked him inside a hiding place, quieting him in some way, placing him inside a container of sorts, then simply walking the container out the door and into their vehicle, driving away.  Vanished... without a trace. 

So am thinking you are very right, the science fair was the perfect time for such a person to have carried out a well-thought out plan.  Scares me how easily that could have been done, on such a busy busy day. 

Are we really at such a point in our lives that we need planted guards at every entrance/exit, searching all people/containers entering AND leaving?  It's a sad sad time for America, indeed.  Sigh. 

And your comment about 'mass hysteria', yessssssssssssss!!  LE everywhere, not just in that area, but everywhere across the US and beyond are known for placing a 'gag order' on the media.  Just so that the public will not become 'upset' (hysterical), and/or alarmed.  Time after time after time I've seen this happen.  Mainly in the cases that involve SRA, for obvious reasons.  This gag order thing is one reason that the Ritual Task Force Unit was created within the LE in Sacramento CA.  Whatever 'top secret' RA stuff LE is working on that they do NOT want the public to be aware of, is handled by that unit, and the media knows to stay the heck away from that topic.  Sooooooooo what does that do?  It ensures that LE can work quietly on the case/s in the background without having to fend off an increasingly alarmed public... It allows the public to go about their day in peace, without realizing the danger/evil that lurks in their midst... It ensures that the perps continue to have access to our precious children, because we as parents are entirely clueless as to what is actually going on.  Grrrrrrrrr.  Gag orders on the media..  <----- hate those!! 

Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #343 on: June 14, 2010, 01:06:32 PM »

There could be a variety of reasons the FBI was called in basically immediately, but it is standard to alert them in the event there is a possible kidnapping, and given how close this area borders Washington, it would be a crossing state line issue.  Kyron's step dad is a detective, he or they, may very well have just requested their assisstance. However, I think the primary reason is for resources and technology that this size PD just did not have access to, and I think it is awesome they did this.

Ahhh Blink, there you are!  Smile  Another monkey was wondering about something, so am hoping that you'll see this, I'll ask it for her here. 

Kyron's stepdad being a detective.. Is it possible that what happened with Kyron may be some sort of retaliation from someone the stepdad had perhaps worked with/arrested in the past? 

Personally, I believe that Kyron knew this individual well,  so I doubt that.  Although short of any "real leads" I am certain that angle was under consideration.

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #344 on: June 14, 2010, 01:29:29 PM »

Just to throw this in as my own experience - part is rant. All is true.

My Daughter was in 3rd grade. She was a Latch Key Student. In Michigan that means -Parents are able to take their child to their elementary school prior to the class time. They are held in a room with a approved curriculum by the school.   After classes end - the children are directed to a room and or activities after hours. To be taken care of by persons approved by the school - YET Not employed by the school. 
People leased the space within the school for latch key. (( Payments to be made weekly, and not cheap either)). 

My daughter was a new student this year within this school. She fit in quite well and she had made quite a bond with her teacher. So it was working. She had many friends she liked in her class room. The latch key program was quite different. She felt that her time spent was " off". No one did she complain about, no one did she mention to me. She just said she hated it.  I don't believe her complaints were driven by anything - but it was felt by me and others that the care workers were Inconsistent.  The after school care was just a misled jumble. My Daughter had been in preschool/ latch key care for 3 yrs prior - this was different to her. It simply was not balanced. I at the time worked 45+ miles away - one way drive. It would take me about 55 mins - straight highway 75 mph - to get to her on a ave day.

One day, it was a Thursday, my Managers had their meetings on Thursdays ..they would lock themselves into a room. Not to be disturbed. They would have these meetings that would run way past 5pm - NO one was allowed to enter.
Was around 4 pm and I started bouncing off the wall. I was on fire to the point that I could not contain myself. My co-worker Jim ..who sat 2 feet from me. Was like - WHAT is UP with you? because it was the wind down of the day.. no bosses around .. was to be easy cake until 5pm. Just walk out. Naw.. nope. It was if I had a blow torch under my feet. I was ready to run out the door at 4:15.
I told Jim ..something is wrong and I don't know what it is. Something is Wrong and I need to leave. He kept telling me .. just chill.. it's going to be alright. 5pm is coming. 
I left at 4:50 pm and drove like a bat out of hell - 95mph plus on the highway to get to my daughter. I knew something was wrong. It was in my bones I just knew. And I had never experienced this feeling before.

I arrived at her school. I can still hear my heels of my shoes clicking on the cement - they were pounding ..to get to the door way. I opened the door and it was chatter that went deadly silent ..within a millisecond. As soon as the kids saw Me - they all went silent. I opened my Mouth and I looked dead straight at her Teacher and I said Where is my Daughter ? Her face spoke volumes - no words within seconds.
That Stupid uttering no nothing piece of crap teacher.. could not say anything back to me. The second my voice was heard in that huge class room.. my Daughter welped Mamma. She was tucked into a corner sitting by herself. She ran up to me and her face was swollen, that she had been crying for a very long time. She grabbed me around my waist and said I knew you would come.  I WAS LIVID and I did not know anything yet. 
The Teacher in her wimpy piss ass voice says to me ...  Ms K .. your daughter had a accident on the play ground. I was ready to deck her. I didn't .. I listened. 

Teacher then states -Your Daughter had a accident and WE felt since YOU worked so FAR away .. WE felt it was BEST NOT to NOTIFY YOU ..WE were worried about your safety driving to the school.

I said WHEN did this accident happen? (( Mind you monkeys this convo was within seconds))  She/Teacher says 4:00PM.  I tried to wrap all of this within my brain within 3 mins - I looked at my Daughter and she clearly was distraught - past any time I had witnessed. I stared at my Baby and I looked right at her and saw Her Arm was Broken. I was hotter than Hot -and I said to the Teacher - YOU mean to tell me - My Daughter Has a Broken ARM over an Hour ago - and YOU felt it was in my best interest NOT to KNOW?
 In the interim the Teacher handed me this pink paper that said - Kai had a Boo Boo and was given Ice ..signed off by the teacher in her own handwriting.
You could have heard the cement crack in that room. I was so out of my mind. NO one was uttering air. I grabbed my Daughters things and Her and I said to her Teacher - WE are going to the Hospital and YOU Will hear from me.
--
So here I am walking out the door ..and a child, one of my daughters friends YELLS at me ..  HE Did It. He Hurt Kai.  I stopped and turned around and asked " Who is He? " The child said the NEW Teacher he stepped on Kai. He hurt her. He hurt her. Then this huge Boy " Early 20's old or so " comes out of no where and says to me ..6'4 tall he says from across the room .. I am so Sorry I never meant to Hurt her.
I said back to HIM  who are YOU ? and then the Main teacher said back at him - Don't say anything. Don't Answer HER ..and He didn't answer me.
I was lost. I did not have a clue of what was happening. I stopped and asked my Daughter " Do you know this Man ? " Did he hurt you?  and she said Mamma he kicked me and he stepped on me when we were playing soccer..and she started sobbing. Wits end and no one telling me the truth - I took my daughter to the nearest ER.  The ER Doc showed me the imprint of a man's size 10+ tennis shoe on her interior arm - from her wrist to her elbow - Kai had two broken bones within her arm.  Actually one broken bone near her wrist and one cracked splintered bone - her ulna bone within her forearm.
All done by a Teacher - He kicked her and stomped her arm. 3 children said the same story - held in different rooms .. I got an Atty. I tried to talk to the principle. I went 3 times - to talk to the Principle. She would not speak to me. She simply said in a letter after the third trip ..Our School is not responsible.
I held the atty for over a year and they said that they could not find the Young Man who stomped my Daughter. The day after the accident, he conveniently disappeared.  He was never on the payroll within the latch key program - he didn't last but one day. He was not introduced to the parents as a New teacher on board. WHY? Because he was the Son of the woman that ran the latch key program for the COUNTY.  The entire County ..not just this tiny little podunk elementary school.
Huge Politics - Huge. She was a person well known in the district courts/judges/atty's. She was right in with all and everyone within the county. Her son was sent paperwork to the school. Denied. She then was sent papers to her home - Her Son's subpoena. She said to officials that she did not know of his whereabouts.. he could not be found.  She had her own protectors. She is the system.
Why am I telling all this within Kryon's Cage??

Because I was duped as a parent. I trusted the school to do right by my child. They said to my FACE - WE felt it was better NOT to notify you. That it was such a trauma - they felt it was better for me to arrive as usual ..at my known time. Than to notify me prior .. when she was Hurt and crying and in pain.

This all goes without saying about Kyron's StepMom - NO one knows what the BS artists at the school said to her or did not say to her .. I am living proof of that.
I know all to well how it feels to have " the School" turn away and not even give my child her benefit of health - That they caused her Injury.

I do not feel that Kyron's StepMom is directly involved - she was the closest to the school / teachers etc... Does not mean they had her or Kyron's best interest at hand. When it comes down to liability and Unions and All that ..Everyone seems to suffer from amnesia. Grrr Sad

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #345 on: June 14, 2010, 02:28:38 PM »

Why is the school district refusing to release the time Kyron was marked absent? Why not just say at 9 when class first began? Isn't that when role is taken, a few minutes after the first bell rings? I think that is how it is done in pretty much almost every school in America.  I don't think they have the right to refuse anything if you want to know my opinion. They lost that chance when a child went missing while under their care. And he was, he arrived at school at a time of a planned event, he was their responsibility.

They need to fire the teacher. I am not sorry if that sounds "mean". She was negligent in her responsibilities, period. Kyron trusted not only his school, but his teacher to make sure he was ok. When he and his step mom, Terri Horman walked to the classroom, they trusted he would be ok and there is not an excuse in the world that makes up for that. Over worked, last few days, hectic environment...no excuse. If she thought he was in the bathroom, then she should have sent 2 other children to check the bathroom, that is common practice in a school. If he didn't show up after some time and before the assumption of an appointment was made, she should have dialed the phone to check it out. That is not only common sense but a part of her job, make sure all the children are safe and accounted for. After all they can't learn if they are kidnapped! There is no reason, no excuse, nada this wasn't done. If not arrested because she was in on this, then she needs to be fired or moved to some lonely corner of the district offices.
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #346 on: June 14, 2010, 02:36:07 PM »

Today's 2-minute PC is over, this is a summary of what was discussed:

1. The search was the largest in the state with about 1300 LE personnel.

2. The community donations were great, money will be used by SAR for the Summer projects, and leftover food/drinks are donated to a local food for the poor kichen.

3. They thanked everyone for their work, and promise the case will not become "cold".

4. They request people contact them with information, memories, and video of the mentioned streets.

5. They will not have any more press conferences unless they have something meaningful to inform the public.

----------
As part of the investigation, the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office is requesting surveillance video from nearby storefronts, private homes, security cameras or any other surveillance recording from June 3 and June 4. They are specifically looking for video of vehicular traffic from the following locations:

* Northwest Cornelius Pass Road
    * Northwest Germantown Road
    * Northwest Logie Trail Road
    * Northwest Rocky Point Road
    * Northwest Skyline Road
    * Northwest 185th Avenue
    * Northwest West Union Road
    * Northwest Springville Road
    * Bethany Boulevard
    * Northwest Springville Road
    * Northwest Newberry Road
    * Northwest McNamee Road
    * Highway 30 from Northwest Rock Point to Germantown Road
    * Northwest Kaiser Road
    * Northwest Thompson Road
    * Northwest Laidlaw Road

Anyone with video of those areas is asked to contact the sheriff's office tip line at (503) 261-2847. Leave your name, contact information and identify the specific location or street address of the video footage.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/96253939.html
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #347 on: June 14, 2010, 03:04:18 PM »

Vows it won't become a cold case

Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #348 on: June 14, 2010, 03:25:47 PM »

Deenie-

I wanted to vomit reading that.

What your describing, unless this is way long ago, is illegal. If you need help with it, I would be glad to.

I went through about 10 statutes in my head before I was through the last paragraph, but I dont want to hijack Kyron's thread.  Lemme know-

Point well made about Terri, Kyron's step mom.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #349 on: June 14, 2010, 03:27:15 PM »

Deenie... OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!! 

Words fail me!!! 

No they don't.  I am horrified and pisssssssed for you, for your daughter, at the lack of care and concern, and ok, words aren't even enough here.  Grrrrrrrrr!!!  is right!  [/img]

First of all, your daughter's reaction prior to that event, re the after-school-program vs. her regular school day, IMO shows a huge discrepancy in leadership, (consistency that you spoke of), a complete lack of direction, perhaps a free-for-all ?.... which seems to have led your daughter to have the feelings she did.  She hated it.  Sounds like the complete lack of direction led her to feel unsafe, etc.  Think of a playground that is not fenced.  Children tend to then gather together and play in a small area.  Not feeling so very safe.  Fence that playground in, and the children tend to scatter and play, running freely.  They have limits, it's not a free-for-all, they feel safe.  This is the feeling it sounds to me like that the after-school-program had vs. her own regular classroom, teacher and schedule.  It's not about the fence, it's about the feeling.  Interesting how we can trust a small child's intuition/feelings about things, if only they would share those with us. 

And your own intuition/feeling as a parent who is so in-tune with your child, as 4pm approached and you knew.. you KNEW.. something was very very wrong with your daughter.  We need to trust in those feelings as well.  And good for you mom!!   

That 'so called' teacher showed no 'concern' for you or your daughter.  Her complete lack of action on anything screams her 'concern' loud and clear.  IMO, she did not report your daughter's 'boo boo' at once to you or call an ambulance for her, or take action of any kind on your daughter's behalf... because she was in fear for own pathetic self.  OMG.  This and all the rest of what happened, is coverup at it's finest.  Which yes, often completely goes up the ladder to the point of becoming political. 

I am so sorry this has happened to your family.  Oh how I wish there was a way to bring justice on your daughter's behalf!!!  Thank you for sharing this with us.  It shows what can happen, because it did. 

Am wondering how many children/parents in Kyron's school had feelings prior to his going missing, that 'something' was just not right?  Wonder how many children actually felt scared, hating it there, with few apparent safety precautions in place?  How many parents wondered when/if 'something' was gonna happen someday?  I dunno.  Maybe none.  And yet...... Kyron's lil friend Tanner, and his gma, who seem to want/need to get the truth out there to the media, despite LE telling them to keep things quiet.  My gut feeling is something is majorally wrong at that school, and at the very least, these folks want the truth known. 

What happened with your daughter tells us that things can go wrong when there's a free-for-all type of attitude.  Folks in Kyron's area need to, if they haven't already, open their eyes wide, and demand to know the truths (if any) about their own school.  As do each of us re our own kids/grandkids schools and programs they attend.  Helps everyone become more aware of what actually goes on around them.  Totally worth the effort if even one child somewhere, is saved from a horrid and senseless tragic event in the future.  IMO. 

Thanks again, Deenie!  < many monkey hugs! >

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #350 on: June 14, 2010, 03:35:04 PM »

There could be a variety of reasons the FBI was called in basically immediately, but it is standard to alert them in the event there is a possible kidnapping, and given how close this area borders Washington, it would be a crossing state line issue.  Kyron's step dad is a detective, he or they, may very well have just requested their assisstance. However, I think the primary reason is for resources and technology that this size PD just did not have access to, and I think it is awesome they did this.

Ahhh Blink, there you are!  Smile  Another monkey was wondering about something, so am hoping that you'll see this, I'll ask it for her here. 

Kyron's stepdad being a detective.. Is it possible that what happened with Kyron may be some sort of retaliation from someone the stepdad had perhaps worked with/arrested in the past? 

Personally, I believe that Kyron knew this individual well,  so I doubt that.  Although short of any "real leads" I am certain that angle was under consideration.

<nods in agreement>  Thanks for your reply, Blink!! 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #351 on: June 14, 2010, 03:36:32 PM »

Many thanks to those who work so hard at bringing us updates, info, links, pics, videos/audios, etc!! 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #352 on: June 14, 2010, 03:38:27 PM »

Why is the school district refusing to release the time Kyron was marked absent? Why not just say at 9 when class first began? Isn't that when role is taken, a few minutes after the first bell rings? I think that is how it is done in pretty much almost every school in America.  I don't think they have the right to refuse anything if you want to know my opinion. They lost that chance when a child went missing while under their care. And he was, he arrived at school at a time of a planned event, he was their responsibility.

They need to fire the teacher. I am not sorry if that sounds "mean". She was negligent in her responsibilities, period. Kyron trusted not only his school, but his teacher to make sure he was ok. When he and his step mom, Terri Horman walked to the classroom, they trusted he would be ok and there is not an excuse in the world that makes up for that. Over worked, last few days, hectic environment...no excuse. If she thought he was in the bathroom, then she should have sent 2 other children to check the bathroom, that is common practice in a school. If he didn't show up after some time and before the assumption of an appointment was made, she should have dialed the phone to check it out. That is not only common sense but a part of her job, make sure all the children are safe and accounted for. After all they can't learn if they are kidnapped! There is no reason, no excuse, nada this wasn't done. If not arrested because she was in on this, then she needs to be fired or moved to some lonely corner of the district offices.

Very good questions and comments, TG!  And I'm also in total agreement with you re the teacher.  Oh yessss! 

pamomma
Scared Monkey

« Reply #353 on: June 14, 2010, 03:55:20 PM »

Deenie- I'm so sorry that happened to you and your daughter...point well made that bad things can happen to our children anywhere!  And trust our guts!

Tracey- DITTO your comment about the teacher!  I know pointing fingers and placing blame don't bring Kyron home...but I am FURIOUS over this woman's negligence and have a hard time believing she isn't somehow involved. 

Do we have any monkey's from the Oregon?  Anyone have any insight into the thoughts and feelings of local people? Sometimes in small towns like this people "know" who is behind things even when LE can't say it.
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #354 on: June 14, 2010, 04:11:26 PM »

Deenie-

I wanted to vomit reading that.

What your describing, unless this is way long ago, is illegal. If you need help with it, I would be glad to.

I went through about 10 statutes in my head before I was through the last paragraph, but I dont want to hijack Kyron's thread.  Lemme know-

Point well made about Terri, Kyron's step mom.

Blink the Atty that I hired told me after 3 yrs - of investigation
That President Clinton passed a law after the Columbine shootings - that Public Schools were immune to being sued. That you had to go for the actual individual and sue them.  Well I tried that and he simply just went poof. His MOM is still head of the Latch Key program - I googled it during my Kyron Post. She is very much still in her place. Wonder where her son is? My daughter has aged out of the term to sue. She is now 19/ soon to be 20. Her arm was broken when she was in 3rd grade. Blink YOU have no idea - OMG the outrage that I had and felt and - NO one would step up and admit anything. I had to rely on the children and the Doctor. The footprint imprinted in my baby's arm within my own eyes - was enough. So was the 3k of Doctor bills - that were not covered by my health insurance. (( shakin my head Blink))  Single Moms and 3k of uncovered Medical bills - do not mix. Nor does your child fearing that anyone .. she meets new, within her public school, as authority ..may possibly hurt her and say ... I didn't mean it. That your pain inflicted by me is " of no meaning" are you kidding me.
Gawd.

Makes no sense. None.
Praying for Kyron. 

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #355 on: June 14, 2010, 04:34:10 PM »

Deenie... OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!! 

Words fail me!!! 

No they don't.  I am horrified and pisssssssed for you, for your daughter, at the lack of care and concern, and ok, words aren't even enough here.  Grrrrrrrrr!!!  is right!  [/img]

First of all, your daughter's reaction prior to that event, re the after-school-program vs. her regular school day, IMO shows a huge discrepancy in leadership, (consistency that you spoke of), a complete lack of direction, perhaps a free-for-all ?.... which seems to have led your daughter to have the feelings she did.  She hated it.  Sounds like the complete lack of direction led her to feel unsafe, etc.  Think of a playground that is not fenced.  Children tend to then gather together and play in a small area.  Not feeling so very safe.  Fence that playground in, and the children tend to scatter and play, running freely.  They have limits, it's not a free-for-all, they feel safe.  This is the feeling it sounds to me like that the after-school-program had vs. her own regular classroom, teacher and schedule.  It's not about the fence, it's about the feeling.  Interesting how we can trust a small child's intuition/feelings about things, if only they would share those with us. 

And your own intuition/feeling as a parent who is so in-tune with your child, as 4pm approached and you knew.. you KNEW.. something was very very wrong with your daughter.  We need to trust in those feelings as well.  And good for you mom!!   

That 'so called' teacher showed no 'concern' for you or your daughter.  Her complete lack of action on anything screams her 'concern' loud and clear.  IMO, she did not report your daughter's 'boo boo' at once to you or call an ambulance for her, or take action of any kind on your daughter's behalf... because she was in fear for own pathetic self.  OMG.  This and all the rest of what happened, is coverup at it's finest.  Which yes, often completely goes up the ladder to the point of becoming political. 

I am so sorry this has happened to your family.  Oh how I wish there was a way to bring justice on your daughter's behalf!!!  Thank you for sharing this with us.  It shows what can happen, because it did. 

Am wondering how many children/parents in Kyron's school had feelings prior to his going missing, that 'something' was just not right?  Wonder how many children actually felt scared, hating it there, with few apparent safety precautions in place?  How many parents wondered when/if 'something' was gonna happen someday?  I dunno.  Maybe none.  And yet...... Kyron's lil friend Tanner, and his gma, who seem to want/need to get the truth out there to the media, despite LE telling them to keep things quiet.  My gut feeling is something is majorally wrong at that school, and at the very least, these folks want the truth known. 

What happened with your daughter tells us that things can go wrong when there's a free-for-all type of attitude.  Folks in Kyron's area need to, if they haven't already, open their eyes wide, and demand to know the truths (if any) about their own school.  As do each of us re our own kids/grandkids schools and programs they attend.  Helps everyone become more aware of what actually goes on around them.  Totally worth the effort if even one child somewhere, is saved from a horrid and senseless tragic event in the future.  IMO. 

Thanks again, Deenie!  < many monkey hugs! >

Wkys the Truth Tellers HONEST within the Public Schools - Elementary
ARE those who are in it.. meaning the children. They have nothing to lose by telling the truth. They are not subjected to anything ..after the fact. They have nothing to hide. And YET NO one ever asks their Opinion Until something goes wrong?

Sigh. 
Like I wrote the other day about Ruby ( my little sweetheart who loved Wizard of Oz)  - she told me that her " special ed teacher was Mean to her"  I had already witnessed it .. in shards. Then I started paying attention. I found her " Ruby" to be VERY HONEST and TRUE .. this teacher treated her like crap. My Daughter I asked her ..and she Said OH NO ONE Likes her ..she is SO Mean MOM. Then I started gently poking questions to the others ..within field trips. Not asking outright. Same thing - NO body likes her..she is so Mean to Ruby. She makes Ruby feel stupid and sad.
WHO allows this to go on? Who is monitoring this so called " Special Ed Teacher" ? The other children in the class.  The eyeballs and ears ..that pay attention to their friend who is being verbally basted every day.. Where is the " responsibility of the Adult Teacher? " I am speaking of elementary school age. Not Jr High or High School were you have everything under the sun to distract you.

its Disturbing - Huge. This was a different district from the district that my Daughters arm was broken. Different County as well. I will say that the school that " My Daughter and Ruby were in - was one of the Highest paid within millage.  9800.00 per student per year.. and they always claimed they were flat azx broke. They wanted the parents to supply " T.P. Paper Towel and Kleenex.. not to mention everything else. You name it - you were told to supply it - or your child would go without.
I have no answers .. I can only share my experiences .. Hoping it will shed some light on Kyron ..or others ..

Kyron Little Man..My heart is with You today and I am praying for You and I wish for your Guardian Angels from above to lead you ..to a path,  a doorway .. a window.
So someone can see you. Find you. Bring you home.  Amen.

I am out - Monkeys. Thank You for your Love and Support - For all the Children
Each and All
K

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #356 on: June 14, 2010, 04:41:57 PM »

Deenie that situation was completely unacceptable. It is amazing the stupidity of people sometimes.
Regarding Kyron,  Last night I was depressed, today I am fuming mad. This should have never happened, never. 

We, as parents, grandparents, aunts or uncles have a right to send our children to a school and know they will be safe! I am not pointing fingers or shifting blame, I am holding accountable a person who was not doing her job! I can tell you one thing, this woman, thankfully is hundreds of miles away from any school my children go to. She would not be allowed within 10 feet of my child.

I ask myself what would have changed if she had sent 2 children to the bathroom to check if this 7 year old child was indeed there? The kids would have came back and said, "no he is not in there Miss Porter". Then what would she have done? Maybe called the office to see if he was checked out? They would have said, no. So then what is the next step? Perhaps paged him to come to the classroom? Perhaps the principal or whoever would have walked the school looking for him? If they couldn't find him, then what? Would they have called the police then? If they were doing their jobs, that is what they would have done. They had that responsibility! I bet you dollars to donuts, that is what Kyrons parents expected from the school. Would he have been found? We will never know unfortunately because the ball never got rolling!

When we say this is acceptable because teachers are over worked or class was too hectic, she just made an honest mistake we devalue the need for a safe environment for our children. I expect certain things out of our teachers and out of our schools,  and one of them is make sure they make it home at the end of the day!

I hold the principal accountable as well because this situation should have been covered in a staff meeting. "what should you do if a child goes missing". As great as this school seems to be on paper, it lacks the basic right of all children attending, to learn an environment that is safe!

Now I have to go wash hair dye out of my hair before it starts falling out!
newfie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #357 on: June 14, 2010, 06:42:01 PM »

Hi All.. I have mainly only had time to lurk, this is all so sad and frustrating. It appears as if this is going down the same path so many other missing persons or children cases go down. Ten days later and nothing.  Deenie all I can say after reading your story is how sorry I am that you and your daughter went through this. I am sure it traumatized your daughter for years. I wonder what the school policy was regarding a child getting injured on school grounds. With all of the mindless tort cases filling up our court systems this one needed to be heard. That teacher should have been fired! What a witch... can't say the other word. 
 Back on topic....I am still puzzled by the teacher saying Kyron was in the bathroom or getting a drink. If that was the case did she mark him absent? When he did not show up for the talent show didn't the person running it question where he was? What if Kyron got hurt in school and someone is covering it up?  I have read about the searches but how thorough did they search the school? Have they brought.. I hate to say it... cadaver dogs to the school to search various out of the way rooms. nooks etc?
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #358 on: June 14, 2010, 06:42:08 PM »

Good Afternoon Monkeys!

Just checking in to see if Kyron had been found. I have been praying for him to be safe and brought home to his family.

Our elementary school is a little bigger than Kyron's school, The main entrance is the only door that is unlocked and you have to sign in if you go past the front desk. But like Kyron's school, they do not call until later in the afternoon to say we missed your child in school today. The doors to the building can be opened from the inside but not the outside.

Deenie, I can feel your anger through the screen about your little girl. We have had a couple of situations at our school that have had me boiling hot. I have two grandson's that have Muscular Dystrophy, the oldest graduated high school in May . The other one is 10 and he is going through some really fast progression this past school year. He has a really short attention span and can be bad at times when someone picks on him. He falls alot with the MD and some of the kids in his class know that if they touch him he will most likely fall. He would tell his teacher that so and so pushed me down. Her answer was " Please stop tattling". So he has gotten to where he would push back when he finally got back on his feet. There is a resource teacher who manned the exit door at end of school each day, and she had a bad habit of pushing him out the door. My daughter saw her push him one day and he fell on the sidewalk. Needless to say my daughter came out of the car on this teacher's behind. We have gone to the school board and to the state super. and she is still there. Then about a week before school was out, the school nurse called home and said that she was making plans for Chandler's curriculum for this fall. She told my daughter that since Chandler was falling so much  she thought it would be best if they put him in a wheel chair. My daughter has a meeting with the school board next Monday night. You do not put a child in a wheel chair as long as he can walk. He will be in one soon enough as it is.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #359 on: June 14, 2010, 07:01:26 PM »

there are divers in the water near sauvie island right now looking for kyron

http://twitter.com/LauralKGW
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.