May 28, 2024, 05:57:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #6 3/11/09 - 3/14/09  (Read 592730 times)
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #360 on: March 12, 2009, 03:35:57 PM »

I'm speechless and discusted about the janitor.

I just think what an idiot...I mean choices..we all make choices.  600$'s or jail, gee that's a no brainer for most of us. 
CarolynV
Scared Monkey

« Reply #361 on: March 12, 2009, 03:37:56 PM »

Umm, I can almost (not quite) swallow why they say they are getting married.  Why go to New York? Why not stay home in case Haleigh is found, or in case someone drops her off?  Or stay home and help with the investigation? I think they are going to lose whatever public support they had, and it was already dwindling.
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #362 on: March 12, 2009, 03:43:33 PM »

D@mn Slanthony's cut right into the search news on HLN.  13 miles and lots of people involved in seach this took a little planning time I think also. 
stayhomemommy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #363 on: March 12, 2009, 03:46:12 PM »

Umm, I can almost (not quite) swallow why they say they are getting married.  Why go to New York? Why not stay home in case Haleigh is found, or in case someone drops her off?  Or stay home and help with the investigation? I think they are going to lose whatever public support they had, and it was already dwindling.

I couldn't agree more, Carolyn. I can only think of what I might do, and to get married while my baby was missing wouldn't even be on the list--even if the list was a mile long!
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #364 on: March 12, 2009, 03:48:19 PM »

Someone over yonder commented that Florida doesn't have justices of the peace, so if that is the case, and no pastors are available thats probably why no marriage today.

Not sure that is correct information.

According to this article (FL):

And, believe it or not, just because you have your marriage license sent to you in the mail does not mean you are officially married. You need to have a justice of the peace or a religious clergyman sign the document.

http://www.usmarriagelaws.com/search/united_states/florida/index.shtml

And this shows a Justice of the Peace in Tampa:
http://www.pinellaslife.com/bizcategorysearch.asp?SIC=921105&DESC=Justice%20Of%20The%20Peace

But, finding someone who can legally marry you on short notice is not easy. (Said from someone with experience. Don't ask. LOL) So that could be their problem. Too short notice and not enough forethought. But we knew all that already. We are smart monkeys.
I think the news that you are receiving from "over yonder" is very wrong.  When my husband and I went to file at the courthouse for our marriage license back in 2006 they offered the marriage by appointment through the Justice of the Peace.  It cost $150 though, so that might be too expensive for them.  (Then again that was Collier County Florida)

Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #365 on: March 12, 2009, 03:52:23 PM »

Why did TES leave so fast? I have not read all the links on this. Are they still there ?

TES was there Feb. 13-15.

From my time-line notes:

Feb. 16- (Monday)
Ryan said they will conduct a search of two more small locations today. After that, the ground search phase of the investigation will be complete.

Search crews will be placed on standby. "We're not just going to do searches for show," Ryan said, adding that Sunday was the last day EquuSearch would be used as well.

To add a visual (and you guys KNOW I like visuals! LOL)

Thank you Brandi!

lilymarie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #366 on: March 12, 2009, 03:59:02 PM »

I couldn't agree more, Carolyn. I can only think of what I might do, and to get married while my baby was missing wouldn't even be on the list--even if the list was a mile long!

While I agree that the whole marriage right now thing is a bad move - what makes it any worse that they are going to do it in NYC? The trip is being paid for by the Today Show - they are going on the show to get publicity for Haleigh. Am I not getting something?

What's so funny about Peace, Love & Understanding?
Mudder
Scared Monkey

« Reply #367 on: March 12, 2009, 04:04:36 PM »

IMO, none of the family members have put their best foot forward, all have acted badly.
I hope that we find none of the family was involved and their actions are all from their desperation.  But with that said, I still fear that this crime is all in family.

As far as the wedding today, very bad taste, but it did get them back on the news.
Could that be the reason for it, if you want news coverage there has to be drama, apparently.  There have been discussions about their closet of skeletons, but, again,
if there is no skeletons, there's no news coverage.
I think I might cause drama if I needed it to get help finding a loved one.

The truck logo's get to me.  Amazing all the talk of God that is coming from Ron.
Did he just find Him, or is it all just show?  What religion allows you to shack up with a child, while your other children are in the home, and another child is somewhere giving birth to more offspring?

I have a lot of messed up relatives, and some of this looks all too familiar.
Ron stressing and he loves his daughter, I believe that.  But I have a brother, that loved his kids, as much as he could, but some don't realize what love means.  I, believe he loved her, but I don't believe he was always the first thought in his mind.

Okay, if you want to throw nanners, go for it, my cheerios could use some.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #368 on: March 12, 2009, 04:08:29 PM »

While I agree that the whole marriage right now thing is a bad move - what makes it any worse that they are going to do it in NYC? The trip is being paid for by the Today Show - they are going on the show to get publicity for Haleigh. Am I not getting something?

Hmm~maybe because they are searching for her now, 100 searchers, LE, Gov't only......no civilians. I'd be sick with worry and grief just waiting, and would no way in h#ll put my Arse on a plane and go get it on in NYC But, that's just me.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #369 on: March 12, 2009, 04:12:26 PM »

D@mn Slanthony's cut right into the search news on HLN.  13 miles and lots of people involved in seach this took a little planning time I think also. 

[img]http://www.news4jax.com/2009/0312/18915729_480X360.jpg[/i]

About 100 officers from nearly a dozen agencies searched a 13-mile strip of woods stretching from Satsuma to Crescent City.

Heart
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #370 on: March 12, 2009, 04:13:29 PM »

Hey I have a OT question??  Does FLove mean "fornication under carnal knowledge-EN Love?"  Sorry if it offends anyone I tried to use biblical words.  I just want to know what it means I'm still trying to catch up on blog lingo.

Hey, Fatcatlurker, I'm acronym challenged and out of the cool lingo loop so, "you are not alone." (I'm singing to you.... that song by the same title by Michael Jackson.)

I've seen many times when fellow monkeys post "WTF" and the W = What, the T = The, and the "F".... is the same one that goes with the f in love. I've also seen "effing" with and without the g. That's how I understand it. I could be way wrong. It wouldnt' be the first time Smile

Hope that helps. Smile It doesn't offend me (not that you said in this post that it offends you either) I try not to imagine malicious intent or try not to take offense when none is intended... like most people try to do, of course.

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #371 on: March 12, 2009, 04:19:14 PM »

About 100 officers from nearly a dozen agencies searched a 13-mile strip of woods stretching from Satsuma to Crescent City.

Heart
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #372 on: March 12, 2009, 04:28:47 PM »

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=133032&provider=rss

This may be Chad Reynolds it has not been confirmed yet that I've seen.

That happened 6 days ago.

Wouldn't it have been confirmed by now if it were Chad Reynolds?

I dunno, just asking.

I just pulled it off ws Chad Reynolds thread didn't google it yet.

now that is interesting...

rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #373 on: March 12, 2009, 04:33:30 PM »

Here's a short article about TOUCH DNA from BIO-SYNTHESIS blogspot (October 2008.)

http://bio-synthesis.blogspot.com/2008/10/just-touch.html

"Just a 'Touch'

"With the advancement of DNA technology, many cold investigations are now being re-opened and evidence submitted for DNA testing. In many cases, the clear evidence may reveal or rule out a suspect, however, if it doesn't, what more can be done?

See, when a piece of potential DNA evidence is examined, there is usually a particular area of interest, like a stain, blood, perhaps. So, the stain is what is used for testing, not the seemingly clean remainder of the evidence material. But, if the stain does not provide sufficient proof of a suspect or not, further testing may not be performed since there is nothing else obvious to test. Or, is there?

A relatively new technique called 'touch' DNA utilizes a surface scrape or swab of evidence material, without a visible stain, to detect traces of DNA. Employing this new technique in cold investigations could possibly provide a resolution.

USA Today recently released a story that explained a rise in the interest in touch DNA. In July of this year, JonBenet Ramsey's parents were cleared as suspects through touch DNA technology.

Other high profile cases have incorporated touch DNA, and with these made public, many crime units are hopeful that touch DNA can help with their cold cases.

As with all other DNA techniques, touch DNA can not necessarily guarantee results or answers. The integrity of a DNA sample is dependent on many factors, such as handling, contamination and storage conditions.

The good news is that, even though touch DNA has its downfalls, it gives yet another avenue to explore, when all else seems to have failed."

annettef49
Scared Monkey

« Reply #374 on: March 12, 2009, 04:46:15 PM »

Does anyone think that MAYBE the girl ,forgot her name, that Mist left a message to on myspace saying, " I have your man AND I'm going to get your baby to has something to do with Haleigh's disapperance? I'm thinking maybe Misty AND ALSO RON has threatened to take her baby from her and she thought "OH, how about I take YOUR baby away from YOU RON! anyone think this is a possibility?? I DO!!! especially IF its Ron's baby and I think it probably IS. JMO
I am not following you here.....please explain a bit more the point you are trying to get across.  Are you talking about Amber??
Hi .. Sorry I couldnt get back to you earlier, had to go to work n just got in.
What i am saying is do ya'll think that Amber got upset over Misty threatning to take her baby from her<re.Misty'S statement on Amer's myspace> and took Haleigh to get back at Misty for saying that. Know what I am getting at?  I hope i made myself more clear on this, this time around.
lilymarie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #375 on: March 12, 2009, 04:52:28 PM »

Hmm~maybe because they are searching for her now, 100 searchers, LE, Gov't only......no civilians. I'd be sick with worry and grief just waiting, and would no way in h#ll put my Arse on a plane and go get it on in NYC But, that's just me.

hmmmm while I'd be sick with worry - why not let the professional searchers do their jobs and at the same time get Haleigh's name out there to a national audience. JMO

What's so funny about Peace, Love & Understanding?
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #376 on: March 12, 2009, 05:04:14 PM »

I just know that if my child was missing in my home state, I wouldn't put my butt on a jet to go to New York...I could get publicity right in my home town just by calling a press conference or talking to news people etc...
what would happen if Haleigh was found and daddy was on a plane jetting away to New York? wouldn't you want to be there if Haleigh is found or returned???
I know that some would argue, the same thing could happen a year from now, do you put your life on hold until child is found?   (errr....Yes.. that would be my life) But this is still so new and so crucial for this little girl...grrrrrrrr...I am gonna lose it ....

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #377 on: March 12, 2009, 05:05:51 PM »

No kidding, huh. Unbelievable that they would hop a plane and do this now.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #378 on: March 12, 2009, 05:06:30 PM »

hmmmm while I'd be sick with worry - why not let the professional searchers do their jobs and at the same time get Haleigh's name out there to a national audience. JMO

You can do that by staying in Satsuma and being interviewed there...........the Today show can and does many interviews in local affiliates, and that way you get to stick around  BUT you have the added benefit of keeping her name out there for a national audience...........no need to be in NYC for that

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
luckyday
Scared Monkey

« Reply #379 on: March 12, 2009, 05:06:59 PM »

So, what's the word??? Are they married or what??

Mark Twain:
Always tell the truth. That way, you don't have to remember what you said.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.